We cordially invite educators who are planning to retire in the near future to attend one of our Pre-Retirement Workshops.
For more than 22 years, our programs have guided thousands to begin planning for a secure and stable retirement. Proper planning involves knowing not only when to retire but also how to maximize your benefits. These webinars/workshops will provide you with the information and resources you need to map out your retirement plan.
We will help you to determine the following:
- When is the best time to retire to maximize your retirement benefits?
- Will I be able to maintain my current lifestyle throughout my retirement?
- What are the early incentive programs offered throughout the state?
- Understanding the funding of the State of Connecticut Teachers’ Retirement Pension
- Should I retire under Plan N, C, or D, and how do I evaluate each plan?
- What is my Supplemental 1% Account and what should I do with it?
- Should I purchase additional service? What will it cost? What are the current rules governing such a purchase?
- What is COLA? How is COLA calculated? Can an early or delayed retirement affect my COLA?
- Understanding the differences between a 403(b), TSA, and 457 plans
- Will I be entitled to receive Social Security? How will my pension affect this benefit?
- What are the best health insurance options available to me and my family upon retirement? Can I afford it?
- Am I eligible to be covered under Medicare? If I am not covered under Medicare, what are my options through my Board of Education?
- What are the potential risks and benefits of investing in bonds?